Eleven policy makers, business leaders, and NGO directors took part in an Energy Leaders Seminar to Israel held February 15-21, 2009. Scheduled to coincide with the Eilat-Eilot International Renewable Energy Conference, from February 17-19, these leaders were able to take advantage of one of the most important energy events of the year. They met, heard and discussed many topics with leaders in energy from all over the world and saw for themselves many achievements being made by Israelis in the fields of solar and wind energy, as well as water desalinization.
During the conference, a $20 million U.S.-Israeli Energy Cooperation Act, passed two years ago by the U.S. Congress, was launched, and PI participant, Adam Zellner, former policy director of the Office of the Governor of the State of New Jersey and President of Greener By Design delivered a talk centered on the “Renewable Energy as a Catalyst for Regional Development.
February 15-22, 2009 Press
- “New Energy For America Might Be In Israel: Top US Energy Leaders In Israel Now,” Green Prophet, February 19th, 2009.
- Carried by: Green Prophet, USA Today, MidEast Youth, Freedom’s Zone, Financial Advisor Resources, Old World New Ideas, Solar Feeds, Rushmore Drive, NYU: Campus Mixxer, Business Week
- Fox, Greg, “Greg Fox’s Israel/Energy Trip Blog,” Wordpress.com, Feburary 15th, 2009-February 23rd, 2009.
Greg Fox Blog PDF
- Sami, Amnon, “Top US Energy leaders in Israel now,” Clean Energy Blogger, February 19th, 2009.
Amnon Sami Blog PDF
- Kloosterman, Karin, “Israeli Cleantech Cos Will Benefit From Obama’s $6b Stimulus Plan,” Green Prophet, March 9th, 2009. http://greenprophet.com/2009/03/09/7467/israel-us-stimulus-cleantech/