The delegation was comprised of high level and experienced military and strategic analysts from the fields of academia, think tanks, and journalism. The participants traveled to Israel this past August during the height of Israel’s conflicts with Hezbollah and Hamas. The seminar provided participants with a firsthand perspective on the situations along Israel’s Northern border with Lebanon and in Gaza. The itinerary included meetings with officials in the ministries of Defense and Foreign Affairs, commanders in the North and South, as well as with politicians and analysts. Meetings with new immigrants, Israeli-Arabs, and Palestinians provided a more comprehensive understanding of the current situation in Israel. Upon return, these participants continue to write prolifically and build upon their Project Interchange experience.
January 17-20, 2009 Press
- Top US military analysts visiting Israel, Analysis: Europe’s plea for peace ignores the Gaza reality, ZIUA, January 19, 2009.
- PDF Version: ZIUA
- US Military Analysts: “Israel Clearly Won, But Should Have Destroyed Hamas,” Weasel Zippers, January 20, 2009.
- PDF Version: US Military Analysts
- The Goldstone Report, Commentary Magazine, September 16, 2009.
- No room for Israel under America’s umbrella, Financial Times, January 27, 2009.
- The Gaza Aftermath, The Weekly Standard, February 2, 2009.
- The Iran Attack Plan, The Wall Street Journal, September 25, 2009.
- The ‘Gaza War’: A Strategic Analysis, Center for Strategic & International Studies, February 2, 2009.
- Report Outline: PDF
- War and Piece: Anthony Cordesman on Gaza, Minstrel Boy, January 11, 2009
- Middle East Hot Docs: Ending the Gaza War, Minimizing Casualties, Diplomacy, U.S. News & World Report, January 7, 2009.
- The War in Gaza: Tactical Gains, Strategic Defeat?, Syria Comment, January 11, 2009.
- Israel ponders “phase three” in Gaza war, World Focus, January 12, 2009
- IDF Fumes Over Denied Victory, Small Wars Council, August 11, 2006
- Preliminary “Lessons” of the Israeli-Hezbollah War, Center for Strategic & International Studies, April 6, 2009.
- Sderot - Israel’s “Rocket City,” Middle East Perspectives, January 25, 2009.
- Gaza and Israel: This round goes to Hamas, MSNBC, February 6, 2008.
- All Along the Watchtower, National Review Online, March 18, 2009.
- PDF Version: All Along the Watchtower
- Top US military analysts visiting Israel, Jerusalem Post, January 19, 2009.
- PDF Version: Top US military analysts visiting Israel
Haviv Rettig Gur
- ‘Israel won, but could have gone deeper’, Jerusalem Post, January 20, 2009.
- Carried by: Militaryphotos.net
- Gaza’s Tunnels Re-Open, With Hamas in Charge, Wired, January 23, 2009.
Michael J Totten
- A Minority Report from the West Bank and Gaza, Winds of Change, February 2, 2009.
- A compelling read about West Bank/Gaza, Trying to Think, Februrary 3, 2009.
- Khaled Abu Toameh on “The Situation”, Occident Israeli, Februrary 2, 2009.
- More Like This Please, Commentary, February 23, 2010.
- Michael Totten’s Blog: http://www.michaeltotten.com
- Michael J. Totten’s Commentary Magazine Posts
- Anthony Cordesman’s press briefing from Thursday morning (August 17, 2006), on the Center for Strategic and International Studies website: http://www.csis.org/index.php?option=com_csis_experts&task=view&id=3
- What to Give Up By Ralph Peters
- Nyer Hangs Tough by Ralph Peters
- Soldiers’ Grit In ‘Organized Mess’ Of War by Ralph Peters
- Ghost Towns of War by Ralph Peters
- Max Boot: Now the Israeli Squabbling Starts
- Zeyno Baran-Hizbullah and Hizb-ut-Tahrir Meet, Discuss Alliance & Recovered From “Lebanon Trauma,” Israel Decides to Cleanse Lebanon