March 4th, 2008
- Reverend Dan Bryant was interviewed on March 16, 2008 on a radio show, Sunday at Noon, at the local NPR network in Portland, KLCC. He also wrote an article and sermon entitled, “Disturbance of the Spirit” which was published on March 9, 2008.
Dan Bryant sermon: Disturbance of the Spirit
- Reverend Christian Kim published an essay on his experiences in Israel. Due to exceptionally high interest, that essay became the basis for a series of articles that is being distributed to several Korean churches and community centers.
- Dr. Hugh (Pat) F. Coyle, wrote an article entitled “The Land, People and Problems: Gaining Understanding in Israel” that was published in The Cathedral Tower, May 2008. An article on his participation was reported in “Pat Coyle Joins Delegation to Israel,” The Cathedral Tower, March 2008.
Dr. Hugh (Pat) F. Coyle Article
- Rev. Rebecca Segers wrote “Footprints,” which was published in The Bell Ringer, the newsletter of the Presbyterian Church of Sweet Hollow, March 2008. A series of 62 blog posts by Rev. Segers have also been posted at her personal blog, “A Pastor’s Footprints.”
- Reverend Jan Olav Flaaten co-wrote a clerical resolution with Rabbi Maynard Bell, Director of the AJC Phoenix Chapter, regarding a controversial issue on the treatment of Latinos by the authorities in Phoenix. The letter was published in several media outlets, including the Arizona Republic.
- Reverend Brenda Lamothe led an African-American/Jewish Seder together with Randy Brown, Director of Interreligious Affairs at AJC’s Los Angeles Chapter. This Seder was profiled in The Los Angeles Times.